Urgent Care and Minor Injury Services
There are a number of local services available during the day and in the evening if you need care urgently but it’s not life threatening. You can find out more here.
Need care in the evening, at a weekend or on a Bank Holiday?
There are several local services open in the evening, at weekends and on Bank Holidays. These services are for patients with minor injuries and illnesses that require urgent attention, but are not life-threatening. In East Leicestershire and Rutland we have six urgent care centres. You can access them in the following ways:
- By calling NHS111 – your needs will be assessed and if required, an appointment will be made for you at the nearest centre with availability
- Via your GP practice – during the week, if you are registered with an East Leicestershire and Rutland GP practice, they can make an evening or weekend appointment for you at a nearby centre
- By walking in – you can walk-in without an appointment at any of our urgent care centres. Your needs will be assessed. If you need to be seen, you will be allocated the next available appointment at the centre. At busy times, this may mean your appointment is later in the day or at another centre. Alternatively, you may be referred to a different service, a pharmacy for example, if your needs could be treated there.
Opening hours and locations
Need care during the day between Monday and Friday?
It is always advisable to contact your own GP in the first instance.
Minor injuries and illnesses can also be treated at Oadby Urgent Care Centre between 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday. This service is run in the same way as the evening, weekend and bank holiday service and can be accessed by calling NHS 111, by pre-booking via your GP practice (if you are registered in East Leicestershire and Rutland) or by walking in for treatment.
Additionally, there are minor injury only services in East Leicestershire and Rutland that are open between 8.30am and 6.30pm. These services are available to everyone, regardless of which GP practice they are registered with and you can walk-in for treatment. These services are available at:
- Rutland Memorial Hospital, Oakham (x-ray available until 5pm)
- St Luke’s Treatment Centre, Market Harborough (x-ray available until 5pm)
- Latham House Medical Practice, Melton Mowbray.
Addresses for all services can be found below:
- St Luke’s Treatment Centre, 33 Leicester Road, Market Harborough, LE16 7BN
- Melton Mowbray Hospital, Thorpe Road, Melton Mowbray LE13 1SJ
- Oadby Urgent Care Centre, 18 The Parade, Oadby LE2 5BJ
- Rutland Memorial Hospital, Cold Overton Road, Oakham LE15 6NT
- Feilding Palmer Hospital, Gilmorton Rd, Lutterworth LE17 4DZ
- Enderby Urgent Care Centre, Enderby Leisure Centre, Mill Lane, Enderby, Leicester LE19 4LX
- Latham House Medical Practice, Sage Cross St, Melton Mowbray LE13 1NX