Better Care Together has been set up to create improved and sustainable health and care services for the people of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (LLR).
The partnership brings together NHS organisations, working alongside other partners including local authorities in LLR. These organisations commission and provide health and care services for over one million people in our area.
It aims to reshape the provision of health services in LLR by integrating the activities of NHS organisations and local authorities to improve outcomes for patients, and to deliver care more efficiently.
You can find out more about Better Care Together on their website here.
Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland has the opportunity to significantly invest in the outdated acute hospital estate in Leicester and improve services for the benefit of the local population.
To talk about these proposed improvements, NHS partners in LLR are inviting people to a series of open engagement events to share the plans for the hospitals and maternity services in Leicester.
The events will be held between 5pm and 7.45pm. People can drop-in for informal discussions and displays from 5pm to 6pm, and a formal presentation and question and answer session will commence at 6pm.
Dates and venues for the events are:
- Monday 29 October, Loughborough Town Hall, Market Place, Loughborough, LE11 3EB
- Tuesday 30 October, Peepul Centre, Orchardson Avenue, Leicester, LE4 6DP
- Thursday 1 November, Civic Centre, Burton Street, Melton Mowbray, LE13 1GH
- Wednesday 7 November, Lyric Rooms, Lower Church Street, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, LE65 1AB
- Wednesday 14 November, Eyres Monsell Club and Institute, Littlejohn Road, Leicester, LE2 9BL (Drop-in)
- Thursday 15 November, The Three Swans Hotel, 21 High Street, Market Harborough, LE16 7NJ
- Monday 19 November, Rutland County Council, Catmose Street, Oakham, LE15 6HP
- Monday 26 November, Sketchley Grange Hotel, Sketchley Lane, Burbage, Hinckley, LE10 3HY
To give an indication of the number of people attending each event, Better Care Together is asking people to register their attendance at bettercareleicester.nhs.uk/getinvolved/, email BCTComms@westleicestershireccg.nhs.uk or call 0116 295 4104.
Further information regarding the events is available at bettercareleicester.nhs.uk
The ‘Next Steps’ document was published in summer 2018 and outlines the progress the partnership has made so far. It sets out how an effective integrated health system will be developed, along with next steps for improving health and care for the local population, while meeting the challenges faced now and in the future. You can read the Better Care Together ‘Next Steps’ document on the Better Care Together website here.