Covid vaccination available for limited period for priority groups at three hospital sites
3rd February 2021 | By Communications Team | Posted in
People who are currently a priority for covid vaccinations are being invited to book a vaccination at one of three hospitals sites. The move will help us achieve our target of vaccinating everyone in the top four priority groups by mid-February and make the best use of all vaccines available to us.
Eligible people in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland who can now book are those people waiting for their first dose who:
- are 75 years of age and over
- are 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable (not including pregnant women and those under 16 years of age) and hold a shielding letter. People will already hold this letter and must not contact their GP requesting one.
It is important to bear in mind that patients will already have a shielding letter so they should not contact their GP or the NHS to ask for one to book a vaccine.
A definition of extremely clinically vulnerable is available here.
To make a booking you must have an NHS number. You can find your NHS number here.
People should be aware that they must be able to prove they are in the priority groups to have the vaccine when attending for vaccination.
People can still wait for their GP to contact them, but the hospital bookings provide an alternative route to being vaccinated. Patients may also be able to book their second doses at the same site.
Around 1,000 appointments a day are being made available and we are very keen to ensure that all eligible people who have not yet had a vaccine have a chance to book.
Eligible patients should book an appointment to be vaccinated as soon as possible as bookings at the hospital sites are expected to be taken up quickly. However, more appointments will be on offer in the future, including at other sites and will be publicised when they become available.
People are also encouraged to share this information with eligible people who may not yet have been vaccinated.
A vaccine booking can be made at one of the following hospital sites by clicking on the relevant link:
Leicester General Hospital: https://www.swiftqueue.co.uk/pre_timescreen.php?id=$2y$10$MyYLuoqzBISYQgyU04tDX.BELprxQL7Dms6e9m9EPb51qOzF6Da2m
Please ensure you follow the instructions below before accessing the booking link, as the instructions provide the necessary PIN and step by step details of how to book:
The booking process
- Click on the link of your preferred vaccination site
- Enter the pin CovidVL19
- Register as a new user – Please ensure you enter your NHS number (if you do not know this, click here to find it).
- Pick the patient option on the form and fill in your details
- Choose a date and time for your initial vaccination. The system will automatically generate a second slot.
- Check your inbox and junk mail for an email that confirms your booking. You will also receive a text reminder if you filled in the contact number field
Photo ID and proof of eligibility (a current shielding letter) will need to be provided on arrival for clinically extremely vulnerable patients. Those aged 70+ will need to provide Photo ID only. Patients who are unable to provide these will not be vaccinated.